Where are the stitches?

Our 9-year-old son Colin cut himself with scissors last week. He was working on a duct tape project. He has a cowboy hat covered with black duct tape. We went to the ER and while a cut is more complicated with a diabetic (his blood sugar dropped dramatically), we made it out with three stitches.

His cut healed in 7 days. We could see the progress on a daily basis. It healed before our very eyes.

It's the opposite with biotoxin illness. It's all invisible. The organisms that create the havoc are microscopic. They invade our systems while we are unaware. We have no knowledge of their life-threatening activity until we experience symptoms. Even then the symptoms are dismissed or ignored. No blood oozing everywhere to take us to the ER.

There are no stitches for the recovery either. This is a devastating reality. No quick fix. I want a doctor to stitch us up and be done with it. I'd like to return to normal life. I don't want to do any more research. I'm tired of making decisions.

My fatigue brings me back to the simple thought that has carried me this far. I will not give up.

In the words of Thomas Paine:
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

No comments:

Post a Comment