Patience

"How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?"
William Shakespeare


Kaitlyn tried horseback riding again last week. She had a severe reaction. Again. We think we know the reason so we're going to try again this week. But the fact remains: she is still struggling. She's much better than she was a year ago but she's not where I hope she'll be a year from now. And so I must find peace with the reality that healing is a long road. No matter what course of treatment I follow.

Patience is unnatural at a time like this. I want us to be better today. There's a certain striving that is necessary to keep going. A drive that is valuable. But there's also a strength of heart that is inestimable. And unless I cease striving and allow this process to be a long one, I will miss the opportunity to discover the beauty that comes to those who wait.

“All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.”
Alexandre Dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment