It's always encouraging to see information regarding environmental health issues in the mainstream media. Tonight and tomorrow CNN will air a two-part special titled "Toxic America." Dr. Sanjay Gupta will host the program, revealing results from a year-long investigation.
The special airs at 8 pm ET.
Wednesday night highlights “Toxic Towns” and will delve into the environmental health and justice problems plaguing the community of Mossville, Louisiana.
Thursday night highlights the “Toxic Childhood” and features Healthy Child founders Jim and Nancy Chuda, as well as Scientific Advisor Dr. Phil Landrigan. This part of the series reveals the effect toxics have on unborn babies.
For more information on this CNN special and its related stories, see the CNN "Toxic America" webpage.
- ► 2011 (436)
- Ireland's Mold Controversy
- Hazards of Increasing the Mutagenic Load
- Health Implications of the Gulf Disaster
- Mold, Asthma, and School Attendance
- Clearer Vision
- Sweet Victory
- Snakes, Scorpions, and Spices
- School Environmental Policy
- Summer Chores
- New Mexico's Call for Action
- CNN Special: "Toxic America"
- ▼ June (11)