AWARE T-Shirts

Imagine the difference it would make if the medical community and population at large were aware of the connection between indoor air quality and health. Consider the difference it would make if doctors, nurses, educators, scientists, and laypeople understood the hazards of water leaks, poor ventilation, damp indoor environments, and pesticide use.

Moms Against Mold, an organization dedicated to the support of families impacted by toxic exposure, has launched an awareness campaign with the sale of AWARE T-Shirts. All proceeds from the campaign will go toward the establishment of a fund to help displaced families and individuals.

When our family left our home in October 2008, I felt sure we were the only ones to ever experience such devastation. I felt alone and isolated.

Two years later, I understand the magnitude of this issue. The following are excerpts from emails I receive on a regular basis.

"Some of my symptoms include lightheadedness, blurry vision, headaches, and extreme fatigue."

"I recently encountered mold in my office - I had a major leak around by desk which took months to fix, and unfortunately there is no ventilation. I have had extreme dizziness and migraines, among many other symptoms."

"... fatigue, a constant sore throat and sinus issues. My oldest daughter now has constant diarrhea, headaches, stomach aches, sore throat and the list goes on."

"I have been so sick for so long and so tired I feel like putty."

"I am desperate for help to keep my baby and my family safe and healthy. We are all suffering in some way."

"I have a feeling that there is mold deeply embedded in the subfloor or lurking somewhere else that it is undetectable in the air test. We can't afford to do numerous tests just to locate the hidden mold."

"Six months into our new home I began feeling dizzy, out of it, to the point I would get lost driving, one of my daughters was having horrible cramping and yellow stools every day."

"I stopped having a period and assumed I was going thru menopause, night sweats, extreme fatigue. Dizzy and nauseated. The day we moved into this house I knew there was something wrong."

"... a perpetual stomach flu--nausea, vomiting, diarrhea up to 10x per day. I lost 35 lbs... The mold tests came back and showed Stachybotrys, Chaetomium, Aspergillus/Penicillin-like mold. At the time, I didn't know how much this was connected with my health."

"I have suffered several mold exposures. The first we had to leave our home... the second time by taking the moldy books into our home and the third time through the seller not telling us about a leak in the bathroom which drained down and showed itself on the living room ceiling."

"In the past year I've been diagnosed with bi-polar, anxiety (attacks), severe allergies... I also suffer from migraines. My husband and I both have severe vertigo, which is worsening to the point of craziness. Our kids have many of the above symptoms, as well as nosebleeds, diarrhea, throwing up, nausea, etc. No one believes any of this is connected!"

"I am the one suffering from mold induced illness. We moved out 5 weeks ago... The allergist, 5 ENTs and my internist are all baffled. I am onto the vestibular migraine diagnosis for the dizziness, I don't know who to go to for help."

Moms Against Mold would like to provide an opportunity for this mom and countless others to find help. We invite you to join our effort!

To learn more about our AWARE T-Shirts, visit the Moms Against Mold Online Store. Together we can raise awareness and reach out to others in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive